Any business, whether new or who has been established for years, will find that negative reviews will happen from time to time. No business gets away from a negative review, despite how well you may conduct business. There is always going to be that one person who writes a bad Yelp review, or posts on your Facebook page with negative comments. So, when this happens, what can you do?
Options for Dealing with Negative Reviews
When negative reviews happen it can be devastating. You start to worry if this negative review is going to affect your future business, and you have a right to worry about this. According to Invespcro:
90% of consumers read reviews before visiting a business. Furthermore, 88% of these consumers trust online reviews just as if they were personal recommendations from friends or family.https://www.invespcro.com/blog/the-importance-of-online-customer-reviews-infographic/#:~:text=Very%20important%2C%20as%20it%20turns%20out.%20The%20fact,customer%20review%20is%20so%20important%20to%20other%20shoppers%21
So, when a negative review happens, you do have options to turn this around and make sure that it does not permanently affect your business.
1. Reply back to these negative reviews! Show the world that you want to make this person happy, whether the fault they have with the company happened or not. Never, and I repeat NEVER, argue with the person online for all to see. You want to showcase that your business is customer service minded, that you want each and every customer to be satisfied.
2. Speak to the person in private, whether through email or on the phone. Try to make this right so that they go back and rectify their review to show that you made the situation right again. Having a negative review that is later changed to showcase that you made it right can actually make you look better in the eyes of potential customers, as it does show that you are customer service minded.
3. Use social media to build your content to showcase your brand, rather than letting people focus on the negative reviews. This is a long term approach, and one that every business should have in place to begin with, as it should be an integral part of your marketing approach. When you have content that showcases you are the business to use in that industry, even negative reviews cannot diminish your strong hold in the industry!
Using Social Media to Help Your Businesses
Despite having negative reviews, your business can still flourish on the market. The key is finding the right way to showcase your professionalism, customer service, and basically start to make yourself the go-to person for what service or product you are offering. That is what Salesboxer is here to help with. We have worked with clients for years that simply started with us because they were dealing with some negative reviews. We are able to counteract these reviews with positive content to help these reviews carry less weight. So, what are you going to do with social media to make this happen?
– Showcase your positive reviews
– Educate your audience on what you are doing or offering
– Show your personality! Get personal with the viewers so that they feel as though they have a relationship with you.
– Share content that is going to be re-shared by others out there, getting your name out there
And so much more! A negative review is not the end of the world. However, if you do nothing and allow this negativity to take over, that is when it becomes a problem.
Be sure to reach out to Salesboxer today to learn more on how we can help you with your content, social media marketing and advertising needs for your small business!